Why Sandals South Coast Spa Resort?
As the world's only Luxury Included Resorts for 2 people, (adults only), Sandals thoughtfully includes every conceivable luxury and adventure. Sun -kissed beaches and every imaginable sport, from scuba to golf, True Gourmet dining and the Caribbean's most sumptuous suites, some even with Butler Service. It's all included at Sandals, voted the World's Best.
Blending European design, chic lifestyle, and a tropical splendor into three distinctive villages fashioned after the French, Italian and Dutch Cultures, the all-new all beachfront rooms and suites at Sandals South Coast are designed to bring the outdoors in with luxurious balconies and patios overlooking th emost stunning white-sand beach and brilliant turquoise sea.
A two-mile beach with incomparable views.
Rate: $441/day for two adult guests.
Conference will be held Oct 14-18, 2018
All rooms have king sized bed.
Adult only resort.
Sandals South Coast in Jamaica
Nurses Conference at the Sandals South Coast Resort - the adult only luxury included all inclusive resort
October 13-20, 2018
"Legal Nurse Consultants: the Basics and Beyond"
Are you a registered nurse or other medical professional looking for extra income or a new career opportunity? Any RN or other medical professional interested in entering the legal field can benefit from the education provided by this course.
A Legal Nurse Consultant is medical part of a legal team. These nurses serve as the medical expert in legal cases, helping attorneys and other legal professionals interpret records and charts, understand medical terminology and consult with them on healthcare-related topics.
On behalf of the administration and faculty, it is my sincere pleasure to welcome you to our Legal Nurse Consultant Training program with Wilson Shepard Education Associates. We are dedicated to delivering academic excellence that supports success.
Tell me about this...
This program provides medical professionals the opportunity to train for a career in the legal field as a legal nurse consultant.
Building on your medical education and clinical experience, this course prepares participants to advise law firms, health care providers, insurance companies and governmental agencies regarding medically related issues and to testify in court as expert witnesses.
The course teaches legal concepts related to the healthcare industry as well as the role of a legal nurse consultant might play in litigation areas such as medical malpractice, toxic torts, products liability, personal injury, wrongful death, criminal law and workers' compensation.
Seminar FEE; FREE if registered by August 1, 2018
Wilson Shepard Education Associates is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by The Alabama State Nurses Association, an accredited approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
CE Provider Number is 5-166
Florida Board of Nursing, DC Board of Nursing, & Georgia Board of Nursing
CE Provider #:50-17938
Approval Code #: 20-556239
Earn up to 20.0 contact hours.
Wilson Shepard Education Associates does not administer actual certifications. We specialize in an intensive live lecture to provide a review for registered nurses the tools to pass their certification. The actual certifications are taken following an application process through the appropriate association.
Participants must book with Anchors Aweigh Travel to be part of this conference.
Call Toll Free 1-877-517-4227
Continuing Education for Nurses
This program will be held at the Sandals South Coast Luxury All-Inclusive Resort
October 13-20, 2018
- Define the role of a legal nurse consultant and explain history and evolution of the profession.
- Describe 2 major systems of law, the 3 types of law, and the 4 sources of law.
- Review the law of intentional and unintentional torts.
- Identify liability concerns of healthcare providers.
- Analyze the role of the LNC before the trial begins.
- Review the methods of obtaining medical records and other evidence that is governed by the Rules of Evidence.
- Identify and review the legal documents used to obtain evidence.
- Explain informed consent, treatments decisions, and review the liability concerns of health care providers in each.
- Discuss criminal law and complex litigation scenarios.
- Discuss the history of the Specialty of Legal Nurse Consulting.
- Discuss the skill needed for entry into special practice.
- Professionalism and Ethics: Discuss the standards of practice and performance expected of the LNC>
- Identify the 5 responsibilities of the LNC in the litigation process.
- Examine the role of the LNC in evaluating Toxic Tort and Criminal Cases.
- The damage stage of litigation: Identify the 4 types of damages available and discuss the factors that determine their application to the case.
- Recall the evaluation steps taken by the LNC in a professional negligence case.
- Identify and discuss the 3 different forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Discuss the LNC's role in the Law Firm.
- Discuss the issues presented to the LNC in the insurance industry.
- Discuss the issues presented to the LNC in private practice areas.
- Discuss the issues presented to the LNC in government Service
- Discuss the issues presented to the LNC in Risk Management.
- Medical record anaylsis : discuss the protocol of LNC should follow when receiving medical records.
- Legal Writing: Review the writing techniques that will captivate your target audience.
- Discuss the literature research process and the methods of research.
- Discuss the advantages and challenges of working as an independent LNC.
ALERT - This conference is subject to 16 attendees. Please do not make any flight arrangements until notified.