Wilson Shepard Education Associates is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by The Alabama State Nurses Association, an accredited approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.”
Approval Code 5-166
WILSON SHEPARD EDUCATION ASSOCIATES has been approved by the
Florida Board of Nursing. Georgia Board of Nursing, and District of Columbia CE Provider #:50-17938
- Define the role of a legal nurse consultant and explain history and evolution of the profession.
- Describe 2 major systems of law, the 3 types of law, and the 4 sources of law.
- Review the law of intentional and unintentional torts.
- Identify liability concerns of healthcare providers.
- Analyze the role of the LNC before the trial begins.
- Review the methods of obtaining medical records and other evidence that is governed by the Rules of Evidence.
- Identify and review the legal documents used to obtain evidence.
- Explain informed consent, treatments decisions, and review the liability concerns of health care providers in each.
- Discuss criminal law and complex litigation scenarios.
- Discuss the history of the Specialty of Legal Nurse Consulting.
- Discuss the skill needed for entry into special practice.
- Professionalism and Ethics: Discuss the standards of practice and performance expected of the LNC>
- Identify the 5 responsibilities of the LNC in the litigation process.
- Examine the role of the LNC in evaluating Toxic Tort and Criminal Cases.
- The damage stage of litigation: Identify the 4 types of damages available and discuss the factors that determine their application to the case.
- Recall the evaluation steps taken by the LNC in a professional negligence case.
- Identify and discuss the 3 different forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Discuss the LNC's role in the Law Firm.
- Discuss the issues presented to the LNC in the insurance industry.
- Discuss the issues presented to the LNC in private practice areas.
- Discuss the issues presented to the LNC in government Service
- Discuss the issues presented to the LNC in Risk Management.
- Medical record anaylsis : discuss the protocol of LNC should follow when receiving medical records.
- Legal Writing: Review the writing techniques that will captivate your target audience.
- Discuss the literature research process and the methods of research.
- Discuss the advantages and challenges of working as an independent LNC.
* Wilson Shepard Education Associates does not administer actual certifications. We specialize in an intense online and/or live lecture, and/or manual to provide registered nurses the tools to pass their certifications. The actual certifications are taken following an application process through the appropriate association.
Continuing Education for Nurses
Self study packet
Legal Nurse Consultant Training Course
Purchase this manual and change your life!
This is our home study course - Nationally Accredited.
If you are visiting our site, you may be ready for a change in your nursing career.
Legal Nurse Consultant career just may be a great choice.
This program provides 16.0 continuing education credits.
Earn 16.0 Continuing Education Credits
Save with our Special Price $395
Regular Price $1250
Call Toll Free 1-877-517-4227
Tell me about this...
- This program provides medical professionals the opportunity to train for a career in the legal field as a legal nurse consultant.
- Building on your medical education and clinical experience, this course prepares participants to advise law firms, health care providers, insurance companies and governmental agencies regarding medically related issues and to testify in court as expert witnesses.
- The course teaches legal concepts related to the healthcare industry as well as the role of a legal nurse consultant might play in litigation areas such as medical malpractice, toxic torts, products liability, personal injury, wrongful death, criminal law and workers' compensation.
Why purchase this program?
- Any registered nurse or other medical professional interested in entering the medical field can benefit from the education provided by this course.
- This course is also open to anyone interested in the field of forensic testimony and medical-legal issues, and participants with an RN background
- An RN with 2000 hours of recent legal nurse consulting experience may be eligible to take the Legal Nurse Consultant Certified (LNCC) exam after graduation. LNCC is a discretionary exam separate from this training course that experienced registered nurses graduating from this class may decide to sit for.
- LNCC test eligibility requirements are discussed during this training course; however, graduates of this course need not take the LNCC in order to practice as legal nurse consultants.