Legal Nurse Consultant Program
May 13-20, 2019
Sandals South Coast Luxury Included All Inculsive Adult Resort
This program has been designed for college deans, directors, chairs, faculty, nurses, legal nurse consultants, long-term care administrators, and academic administrators to join our upcoming conference. Learn how to become a Legal Nurse Consultant. Wilson Shepard Education Associates will be showcasing programs, courses, initiatives and/or evaluation strategies that characterize the conference theme and address the many changes and challenges faced in nursing. This conference for 2019 is comprised of sessions on latest cutting edge research designed to offer comprehensive global discussions that address current issues in Legal Nurse Consulting.
- Define the role of a legal nurse consultant and explain history and evolution of the profession.
- Describe 2 major systems of law, the 3 types of law, and the 4 sources of law.
- Review the law of intentional and unintentional torts.
- Identify liability concerns of healthcare providers.
- Analyze the role of the LNC before the trial begins.
- Review the methods of obtaining medical records and other evidence that is governed by the Rules of Evidence.
- Identify and review the legal documents used to obtain evidence.
- Explain informed consent, treatments decisions, and review the liability concerns of health care providers in each.
- Discuss criminal law and complex litigation scenarios.
- Discuss the history of the Specialty of Legal Nurse Consulting.
- Discuss the skill needed for entry into special practice.
- Professionalism and Ethics: Discuss the standards of practice and performance expected of the LNC>
- Identify the 5 responsibilities of the LNC in the litigation process.
- Examine the role of the LNC in evaluating Toxic Tort and Criminal Cases.
- The damage stage of litigation: Identify the 4 types of damages available and discuss the factors that determine their application to the case.
- Recall the evaluation steps taken by the LNC in a professional negligence case.
- Identify and discuss the 3 different forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Discuss the LNC's role in the Law Firm.
- Discuss the issues presented to the LNC in the insurance industry.
- Discuss the issues presented to the LNC in private practice areas.
- Discuss the issues presented to the LNC in government Service
- Discuss the issues presented to the LNC in Risk Management.
- Medical record anaylsis : discuss the protocol of LNC should follow when receiving medical records.
- Legal Writing: Review the writing techniques that will captivate your target audience.
- Discuss the literature research process and the methods of research.
- Discuss the advantages and challenges of working as an independent LNC.
Ready to book? Call our office 585-360-4192
All reservations MUST be made with Anchors Aweigh Travel
Anchors Aweigh Travel has been designated as the official travel agency for this conference
Wilson Shepard Education Associates is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by The Alabama State Nurses Association, an accredited approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
CE Provider Number is 5-166
Florida Board of Nursing, DC Board of Nursing, & Georgia Board of Nursing
CE Provider #:50-17938
Approval Code #: 20-556239
Earn up to 20.0 contact hours.
Call Toll Free 1-877-517-4227
Continuing Education for Nurses
Rate: $3,785 for two adult guests. (Total for the room)
Conference will be held May 13-20, 2019
All rooms have king sized bed. Adult only resort.
Conference fee: $385
Airfare and optional insurance are additional.