Call for Abstracts for Legal Nurse Consultant Program
October 6-13, 2018
Sandals South Coast Luxury Included All Inculsive Adult Resort
We invite deans, directors, chairs, faculty, nurses, legal nurse consultants, and academic administrators to submit an abstract for an upcoming conference. Wilson Shepard Education Associates requests submissions showcasing programs, courses, initiatives and/or evaluation strategies that characterize the conference theme and address the many changes and challenges faced in nursing. This conference for 2018 is comprised of keynote and speakers sessions on latest cutting edge research designed to offer comprehensive global discussions that address current issues in Legal Nurse Consulting.
Abstracts should describe up to date original work whether complete or in -progress.
Podium presentations are allotted a 25 minutes time slot: 20 minutes to present and 5 minutes for questions and answers. Presenters are provided with a laptop computer and LCD projector.
We invite topics on
- Define the role of a legal nurse consultant and explain history and evolution of the profession.
- Describe 2 major systems of law, the 3 types of law, and the 4 sources of law.
- Review the law of intentional and unintentional torts.
- Identify liability concerns of healthcare providers.
- Analyze the role of the LNC before the trial begins.
- Review the methods of obtaining medical records and other evidence that is governed by the Rules of Evidence.
- Identify and review the legal documents used to obtain evidence.
- Explain informed consent, treatments decisions, and review the liability concerns of health care providers in each.
- Discuss criminal law and complex litigation scenarios.
- Discuss the history of the Specialty of Legal Nurse Consulting.
- Discuss the skill needed for entry into special practice.
- Professionalism and Ethics: Discuss the standards of practice and performance expected of the LNC>
- Identify the 5 responsibilities of the LNC in the litigation process.
- Examine the role of the LNC in evaluating Toxic Tort and Criminal Cases.
- The damage stage of litigation: Identify the 4 types of damages available and discuss the factors that determine their application to the case.
- Recall the evaluation steps taken by the LNC in a professional negligence case.
- Identify and discuss the 3 different forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Discuss the LNC's role in the Law Firm.
- Discuss the issues presented to the LNC in the insurance industry.
- Discuss the issues presented to the LNC in private practice areas.
- Discuss the issues presented to the LNC in government Service
- Discuss the issues presented to the LNC in Risk Management.
- Medical record anaylsis : discuss the protocol of LNC should follow when receiving medical records.
- Legal Writing: Review the writing techniques that will captivate your target audience.
- Discuss the literature research process and the methods of research.
- Discuss the advantages and challenges of working as an independent LNC.
Rate: $441/day for two adult guests.
Conference will be held Oct 7-11, 2018
All rooms have king sized bed. Adult only resort.
Conference fee: $385
Presenters are responsible for all travel expense and personal expense. Wilson Shepard Reserves the right to substitute speakers, change venue.
All presenters must register for the conference and pay conference fee.
Continuing Education for Nurses
All reservations MUST be made with Anchors Aweigh Travel
Anchors Aweigh Travel has been designated as the official travel agency for this conference
Call Toll Free 1-877-517-4227
Wilson Shepard Education Associates is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by The Alabama State Nurses Association, an accredited approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
CE Provider Number is 5-166
Florida Board of Nursing, DC Board of Nursing, & Georgia Board of Nursing
CE Provider #:50-17938
Approval Code #: 20-556239
Earn up to 20.0 contact hours.