Continuing Education for Nurses conference in Hawaii
Beaches Ocho Rios, Jamaica
June 12-19, 2019
A spa, golf and waterpark resort - all inclusive resort for families
- Only minutes away from the Ian Fleming International Airport. You can jump start your vacation earlier.
- Adults - share time alone while the kids are pampered by our certified nannies in our Kids Camp.
- At Beaches Ocho Rios, X Box Play Lounge is the place to play.
- Kids of all ages can enjoy fun and games with Elmo & friends in our Sesame Street Caribbean Adventure.
- Relax and mingle with new found friends on the Terrace at our adults-only Opa Sunset bar overlooking the Caribbean Sea.
- We allow the kids to tee off after 12 noon while adults enjoy great hits at the Sandals Golf & Country Club.
- Complimentary Golf Lessons for kids twice per week.
- Pirates Island Water Park offering eleven slides for all ages.
Seminar: Alzheimer's and Dementia Care Seminar
Conference Time: 8-12 am, on June 13 & 14, 2019
Alzheimer's and Dementia Care Seminar*
Course Developed by the National Council of Certified Dementia Consultants
Presenter: Judy D'Angelo RN MSN ANP LNC CDP CADDCT
The mission of the NCCDP is to promote, encourage and enhance the knowledge, skills and practice of all persons who provide care and/or services to those who suffer with illnesses that cause Dementia by means of requiring excellent standards of education, Dementia specific training, and incentives for professional developement of those who are dedicated to the ever growing field of Dementia Care.
* Required course to Become Certified through the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners
Goals and Objectives
- To provide fundamental education on Dementia and Dementia care
- To enhance the quality of life of Dementia patients through educating care providers
- Foster sensitivity and respect for the Dementia client
- To teach communication techniques
- To provide sensitive approaches for assisting pa-tients with activities of daily living
- Have an understanding of Dementia
- Identify common causes of aggressive, repetitive and sundowning behaviors in older adults
- Describe behavioral/care interventions that may be used to prevent, reduce or eliminate difficult care situation
- Describe challenges related to caregiver stress and utilize stress reduction techniques
- Learn alternative activity interventions that are success oriented and failure free.
- Receive certificate of attendance in seminar
In order to receive confirmation of attendance, you must stay for the entire seminar.
Rates: Variety of room accommodations - something for all families. Call for quote
Can't stay the 7 days? Call us and we can arrange and customize your stay.
Anchors Aweigh has been designated as the travel agency for this seminar.
Ready to book? Complete this form and a travel consultant will contact you to book your stary.
Nurses conference in Hawaii, 2020 - submit your abstract and share your research and projects