Join us in Honolulu, HI -February 24, 2020
Must pre-register for seminar.
Cancellation Fee: $75.
No video taping or laptops are permitted in class.
Continental breakfast is provided. Lunch on your own.
Wilson Shepard Education Associates is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by The Alabama State Nurses Association, an accredited approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. CE Provider Number is 5-166
Florida Board of Nursing, DC Board of Nursing, & Georgia Board of Nursing
CE Provider #:50-17938
Alzheimer's and Dementia Care Seminar*
Course Developed by the National Council of Certified Dementia Consultants
Presenter: Judy D'Angelo RN MSN ANP LNC CDP CADDCT
The mission of the NCCDP is to promote, encourage and enhance the knowledge, skills and practice of all persons who provide care and/or services to those who suffer with illnesses that cause Dementia by means of requiring excellent standards of education, Dementia specific training, and incentives for professional developement of those who are dedicated to the ever growing field of Dementia Care.
* Required course to Become Certified through the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners
Goals and Objectives
- To provide fundamental education on Dementia and Dementia care
- To enhance the quality of life of Dementia patients through educating care providers
- Foster sensitivity and respect for the Dementia client
- To teach communication techniques
- To provide sensitive approaches for assisting pa-tients with activities of daily living
- Have an understanding of Dementia
- Identify common causes of aggressive, repetitive and sundowning behaviors in older adults
- Describe behavioral/care interventions that may be used to prevent, reduce or eliminate difficult care situation
- Describe challenges related to caregiver stress and utilize stress reduction techniques
- Learn alternative activity interventions that are success oriented and failure free.
- Receive certificate of attendance in seminar
In order to receive confirmation of attendance, you must stay for the entire seminar.
Modules Included are
- Diversity and Cultural Competence
The seminar has the following approvals for 7 contact hours:
- National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners Instructors D'Angelo #53358
- National Certification Council for Activity Professionals #NCCAP3273-18
- This educational offering has been reviewed by the National Continuing Education Review Service of the National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards and approved for 7 clock hours and 7 participant hours #2181102-7-A39381-IN
- Nevada Board of Examiners for Social Workers - Approval #A-617-26
- Wilson Shepard Education Associates is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by The Alabama State Nurses Association, an accredited approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. CE Provider Number is 5-166
- Florida Board of Nursing, DC Board of Nursing, & Georgia Board of Nursing
- CE Provider #:50-17938
Who Should Attend?
Questions? Call our office 585-360-4192
Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Seminar Fee: $210
To reserve online, visit our website AS MEMORIES FADE
Continuing Education for Nurses